Enter Search Word
Find us on FACEBOOK
DONATE Via PAYPAL
SIGN PETITION TO SIERRA CLUB
SIGN OUR ONGOING PETITION
SIGN TO SAVE SUTRO FOREST!
PETITION TO OPPOSE PESTICIDES IN OUR PARKS (closed with >12,000 signatures)
GLEN CANYON MEMORY WEBSITE
Learn about Dr. Seuss’ battle to save eucalyptus trees
- Five Reasons Why it’s Okay to Love Oxalis
- Oxalis and the Herbicide “solution”
- Toxic Pesticides in Glen Canyon Park
- Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year!
- The Forest on Albany Hill
- A tree ponders life upon waking
- Pesticide Usage in 2021: SFRPD Does Better – except for NRD
- McLaren Park Loses More Trees
- Good news: Tree Felling Plan in Napa Stops
- Still More Trees Cut Down in Sutro Forest – March 2022
- More Trees Being Cut Down in Sutro Forest
- Herbicide Time – Triclopyr in Glen Canyon
- The Environmental Danger of Preferring Native Plants
- EPA Acknowledges Herbicides Harm Wildlife
- Season’s Greetings!
- Beautiful Trees at Stow Lake to be Cut
- Toxic Roundup Herbicide, Fruiting Blackberry
- We Need to Reduce Toxic Herbicide Use in San Francisco
- Nearly 50 Trees on San Francisco’s Market Street Threatened
- Nesting in the Eucalyptus
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Tag Archives: 3. Natural Areas Program (Links)
Refuting Allegations – and a Candidate who “Gets It.”
One of the organizations that support the Natural Areas Program is called, ironically, “Nature in the City” (NIC). In a recent newsletter, they accused opponents of the NAP “a handful of people” who were “still propagating misinformation.” Before we could … Continue reading
Action Alert: Destroying the Character from Glen Canyon Park
One of the things everyone loves the most about our Glen Canyon is that it’s a wilderness park with rough and tumble Huck Finn paths in the back area. It’s about to be ruined. We need your help to try … Continue reading
How Unnatural can San Francisco’s “Natural” Areas get?
This post is republished with some modifications and permission from Save Sutro Forest. ————————————————————————— Why San Francisco’s Natural Areas are – Unnatural by Save Sutro Forest WHEN I first heard about San Francisco’s Natural Areas Program (SF NAP) some years … Continue reading
Mt. Davidson Park – An Open Space Preserved for Recreation or Native Plants?
Native plant interests threaten trees throughout the city, and in particular, in one of San Francisco’s significant century-old forests: Mt Davidson. A favorite area for the residents of Miraloma Park, the Significant Natural Areas Management Plan calls for felling over … Continue reading
Posted in Blocks Access, Fells Trees, Wastes Money Tagged 3. Natural Areas Program (Links), Miraloma Park, Mt Davidson 5 Comments
Aquamaster (Glyphosate) on Mt Davidson
“I saw this sign posted on the road going up to the top of Mt. Davidson today,” noted the member who sent in this sign. “I guess people and birds won’t have as many berries to eat. This appears to … Continue reading
Posted in Applies Pesticides Tagged 3. Natural Areas Program (Links), Mt Davidson Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.