Well before the Environmental Impact Report on the Significant Natural Areas Management Plan (SNRAMP, sin-ramp) has been certified, SF Recreation and Parks Department is felling beautiful, mature trees – because they’re non-native. It’s too late to save these trees… but we will not forget them. [Edited to Add: These trees
are were in the Oak Woodlands area of the Golden Gate Park. They’re adjacent to a Natural Area, though we can’t tell if they’re actually inside it. ]
Enter Search Word
Find us on FACEBOOK
DONATE Via PAYPAL
SIGN PETITION TO SIERRA CLUB
SIGN OUR ONGOING PETITION
SIGN TO SAVE SUTRO FOREST!
PETITION TO OPPOSE PESTICIDES IN OUR PARKS (closed with >12,000 signatures)
GLEN CANYON MEMORY WEBSITE
Learn about Dr. Seuss’ battle to save eucalyptus trees
- Five Reasons Why it’s Okay to Love Oxalis
- Oxalis and the Herbicide “solution”
- Toxic Pesticides in Glen Canyon Park
- Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year!
- The Forest on Albany Hill
- A tree ponders life upon waking
- Pesticide Usage in 2021: SFRPD Does Better – except for NRD
- McLaren Park Loses More Trees
- Good news: Tree Felling Plan in Napa Stops
- Still More Trees Cut Down in Sutro Forest – March 2022
- More Trees Being Cut Down in Sutro Forest
- Herbicide Time – Triclopyr in Glen Canyon
- The Environmental Danger of Preferring Native Plants
- EPA Acknowledges Herbicides Harm Wildlife
- Season’s Greetings!
- Beautiful Trees at Stow Lake to be Cut
- Toxic Roundup Herbicide, Fruiting Blackberry
- We Need to Reduce Toxic Herbicide Use in San Francisco
- Nearly 50 Trees on San Francisco’s Market Street Threatened
- Nesting in the Eucalyptus
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Not this park too! Don’t these people have anything better to do with their time and taxpayers’ money? Can’t they concentrate on something other than destruction?
We should seek a court order to stop this tree removal. Knowing that there is resistance to this destruction only emboldens those wishing the get the trees down before they can be stopped.