We’ve been writing here about the trees in Glen Canyon scheduled for destruction – a total of over 400 eventually. Well, the countdown has started. A whole bunch of trees have been posted for removal. The comment period is until October 15th, 2012.
San Francisco Forest Alliance is asking SF Recreations and Parks Department to modify the plans and save the trees.
Here are photographs of some of the threatened trees. Scroll down for a list of people to call and write to.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1) Write or email the Parks Commission through the Secretary to Park Commissioners, Margaret McArthur.
- Email: email@example.com,
- Phone: (415) 831-2750
The Commissioners: Mark Buell, President; Tom Harrison, Vice President; Paige Arata; Gloria Bonilla; David E. Lee; Meagan Levitan; Larry Martin.
2) Write to Supervisor Scott Wiener. (Glen Canyon is in his District 8.)
- (415) 554-6968 – Voice;
- (415) 554-6909 – Fax;
- email: Scott.Wiener@sfgov.org
3) Write to Mayor Ed Lee (who incidentally lives near Glen Canyon).
- Mayor’s Office, City Hall, Room 200; 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place; San Francisco, CA 94102
- Telephone: (415) 554-6141
- Fax: (415) 554-6160
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Write to Dawn Kamalanathan and Karen Mauney-Brodek of the SFRPD’s Capital & Planning Division regarding the trees to be felled for the Capital projects (recreation areas, trails).
- Telephone: (415) 575-5601.