MILLIONS of our tax dollars
That’s what San Francisco’s “Natural” Areas Program (NAP) spends to:
- Fell trees: Some 18,500 trees are to be cut. (For more details about where, CLICK HERE.)
- Block trails and access: Around 10 miles of trails would be closed or “relocated”; dog-play areas would be closed down; public access to park features would be blocked or restricted. (CLICK HERE for more details of what and where.)
- Apply toxic pesticides: The Natural Areas Program uses more Tier I (most hazardous) herbicides than any comparable park area. For more information about NAP’s pesticide use, CLICK HERE. For information about the chemicals they use, CLICK HERE.
(For more details on NAP’s plans, CLICK HERE.)
To see our latest post on our BLOG, CLICK HERE.
Meanwhile, clubhouses are closed because they can’t pay the directors $40 thousand annually; preschool programs are terminated because they won’t pay teachers; restrooms are closed because they can’t keep them clean and functional; and 23,000 street trees become the responsibility of nearby homeowners to save the city $300 thousand.
If you are a neighbor, parent, hiker, runner, outdoor enthusiast, dog walker, or environmentalist, please help keep our parks natural and accessible for all to enjoy!
HOW CAN I HELP?
Sign our ONGOING online petition! Forward it to your friends!
Six other important ways you can help:
- Subscribe to this site to keep updated (click on the Keep Me Informed button, top right).
- “Like” our Facebook page
- Write letters to your Supervisor, the Mayor, Recreation and Park Department, & Recreation and Park Commission. Our political action page has ideas and contact information : http://sfforest.net/political-action/
- Spread the word! Encourage your friends and neighbors to sign our petition online!
- Write or email us, help build our “critical mass” of supporters. Tell us what you think, give us your ideas. Our email is SFForestNews at gmail.com
- Donate to SFFA. You can send a check to SF Forest Alliance, and mail it to SFFA, P.O.Box 460668, SF, CA 94146 or click on the button below to donate via our Paypal account (Note: you do not need a PayPal account to make your donation):
(Donations are not tax-deductible. Why?)